Battle Report #25 -
Only a small one this as it was a pretty dull game (I wrote to T3 and realised I was boring myself!).
The game was KP's and Pitched battle with me going first - terrain was essentially a "mirrored" board with ruins on each flank deployment (though I had 1 huge one on my side vs a smaller one for him) with little variation in board placement, a littered area terrain in the center (quite clustered).
I went first and deployed centrally making sure CML's had fire lanes. Learnt my lesson with KP's and realised I had to play conservative. Though I could have gone aggressive with a alpha from the scout bikes (I had the terrain to do so).
He set up his army like so - 8 man zerkers with PF in rhino on my left flank, 3 oblits and 2 oblits a bit more centrally - giving cover to 10 thousand sons with bolt. On his "right" was 10 possessed with rhino and 5 MG's hiding behind the central forrest, 8 more zerkers with rhino to my right, and the nurgle DP with wings on my right.
Early in the game little happened. I stunned/boxed a couple of the rhinos putting him on foot from the get go. I used positioning to try and recieve as little charging as possible and make sure that his DP charged into cover. I lost a couple of terms by T2 and a wound on belial via plasma cannon - I will actually take 1 wound from PC/PG fire just to avoid losing numbers early in the game. His DP assaulted and we tied first combat, but I kept him at I1. I then counter charged and killed it, and killed 1 zerker squad (charged by 9 terms). In retaliation he killed the rest of my command squad. The bikes did little in this game until quite late. Though they did support the charge against the second zerker squad, losing a couple of guys, but distracting his zerkers from my 3 man TH/SS guys. Belial and his new squad charged the possessed and wiped them out, and the last squad had consolidated right into the face of the oblits which charged them - and we stuck. I then counter charged with belial and his squad, losing belial, but killing the obilits (should have kept belial in cover). At this stage he only had a couple of units left - I had 3 "bruised" unit's and my bikes (the full ones charging after 1 rhino, the AB and single one after his boxed one, which died on a charge eventually). The game ended on T5 with him only having 2 oblits and a few 1k sons left, think it was 7-3 at this stage, we played another turn and I tabled him (well we only played my side of combat, if we played his T6 I'd have decked him).
Conservative played me well. Glad I got to face off against a couple of these units - oblits being another unit people told me would "ABSOLUTELY MAUL MY ARMY" yet they killed maybe 8 guys - including combat - and that was all 5 shooting quite a lot at them in the end.
In the end it was a fairly comprehensive win of something like 9-3, with me basically going to table.
Couple of things I did learn (or realise a bit better) don't move guys like Belial or my bikes into B2B with stuff that can instant kill / remove them without saves (the bikes) - so positioning etc..
No comments:
Post a Comment