I am probably not going to get a game in this week - unless I maybe play Sunday, so I've decided that I am going to take this chance to really just get my head down and get my 1500 / 1750 mech properly sorted, based and primed at the very least. I am going to try and set myself some weekly goals, and give myself a "reward", old school style, for when I get things done.
So firstly what have I been up to?
Magnets. They finally arrived (then I found out theres an amazing hobby store about 45 mins away from me, which for London is a stones throw lol). So I set straight to work on a few bits - namely getting the sponson door/holders onto the AutoLas Predators, and also cutting off the flamestorm cannon from the Baal and (badly) making the two interchangable.
I also did a test "Raven Wing" model for my Death Wing "Grey Knight" army that I promised myself that I wouldnt do, but honestly. Who am I kidding? The GK's will be so few models any way.
The WIP Magnets:
This was the first - I centered the rest of the magets once I realised they are pretty firm, even over the "gaps" in the middle. All nice and snug.
From here I simply added a small piece of plastic from a sprue (cut it down to fit) into each of the caveties, and then glued the magnet into place. This turret was actually bought from a bits place on impulse - not from the baal box itself, so I've ordered the weapon feed for the AssCan and will magnetise that on as well when it arrives.
The WIP RavenWing:
Excuse the middle photo - for some reason the flash went off then I deleted the other photo when transfering it from the phone.
The top and bottom photo's show the basic effect. Theres the "green blue" hue/glow of the bike like ther terminators/GK's going on, the bike exhaust glow blue, as do the bikes - and this will then be transfered on to what the light will reflect off - e.g the bike tires / the front "canopy" of the bike.
I am starting to think on the plastic models a coat of gloss varnish will give me the effect I want as well. May test this out.
As for the marine himself. The middle photo shows the glow from the screen - but it had me thinking I may do a sort of "glow" or extreme blue highlight in the spots that light would hit him (not just line edges, but high points of the arm/helmet etc..) and keep him basically black (well I'd do a 80% black, 20% bestial brown mix to make it look a bit more "real" and not just primered) - this keeps it sort of ravenwingy, but I think that much of the green needs a break - and the marine will have to be it really.
I was again pretty pleased with it, even though its only a test model and again didnt spend as much time on it (also was testing Vallejo paints over Citadel). But I think the rough workings are there certainly.
Whats Next:
This week I have some pretty specific tasks for myself.
- Create magnetised LasPlas's
- Finish Las/HB sponsons for all predators
- Base coat remaining predators.
- Test new scheme for the white/bone finish on my models (which hopefully is much much faster).
- Make/paint final rhino chasis + convert up a heavy flamer turret for razorback
These are quite important to get done. This will put me pretty near having my army fully ready. Then I'll just have about 15 marines and 6 tanks to paint properly (w/out detailing, but not so worried about that) and thus really tourney ready. From there I can add finishing touches.
From there I will be looking next week to:
- Make new RAS w/ magnets where needed (sarges mainly) - options being PW/PF/Infernus/Combi's and Jumppacks. This will segway into my jumper army eventually.
- Get first test conversions for TH/SS Deathwing army + create my bikes - at least then I can "proxy" some stuff (basically armless terminators).
I am planning on adding a ton of options to my Blood Angels, and "write up some fluff" for them; but I am doing a bit more research into other chapters right now to get a better feeling for them and feel like I have a better grounding.





Those bikes are so beautiful... keep going, I would love to see the fluff.
ReplyDeleteCheers man.
ReplyDeleteI am working them into my GK fluff - based around the fallen Asartes being "debriefed" (really interogated) by the inquistion.
Its going to be something like "Asartes in TDA w/ TH's and fast bikes" been mistaken as "deathwing" or a 1st company, but really they are the TH/SS element of the GK's. Or something of that ilk.
Basically the whole idea of the GK's and DW are they are some battered space marines blurry half crazed vision after a big campaign vs the viles of the warp.