So just back from the GT, 6 games and man am I pissed off.
Game 1 I all but tabled my opponent - a dark eldar raider/venom/ravager spam list with wychs inside.
Game 2 I face off against the guy that actually wins the tourney with his meph/deathstar BA - hammering him all game, T5 I am winning, T6 he contests and the game ends a draw. If it went T7 I kill everything except the Raider. Great :/
Game 3 kill points dawn of war against a very shooty SW list - 5-5 after 5 turns. All I had to do is wreck/explode a stationary rhino in T5 and I win. I get 2 pens. FFS. Belial and 5 terminators are sat right on 2 squads of long fangs, nothing else is near charging them. He either goes for the 3 terminators or 6 terminators (8 wounds) - maybe gets 1 KP, I almost certainly get 2 (rhino and at least 1 LF pack).
Game 4 - Lash Chaos list - early knockings I play defensivily to try and take a small KP victory then just was going to LOS the shit out of him. I failed to get the rhinos. Maybe I should have done it in reverse. But I get tabled because I had to go for it after losing a couple of KP's.
Game 5 - GK Coteaz list. I basically remove all his shooting in T1 in terms of tanks, his purifiers are all on foot, and I shake his plasma cannons 2 turns straight (in a chimera). T3 and T4 he kills about 20 terminators - with half his army shooting. Annoyingly I failed 5 separate charges in the game - all on purifiers which would have basically won me the game.
Game 6 - GK SS/Term list - nice list - I alpha strike the fuck out of him. I charge 4 terms into 5 terms libby and a inq - 14 attacks at I6, 12 hits, 11 wounds. Kills 3, I kill 1. I die to fearless wounds. If they stuck in combat I win, as those terminators took out another unit (basically) on the next turn (shoots them, charged, 1 left, he kills them in my turn and moves back out).
Few epic moments in G6 though, 1 terminator held against 15 GKSS - and ended up doing a single kill in the 2nd or 3rd round of combat making them run off the board. One attack bike made 8 straight saves against a dread with S8 to stay alive! Awesome.
The game ended a draw. I could have won if I DS'd aggressivily on T3 - but at the time it looked like I had lost his objective, as he had 10 GKSS and 3 terms there, and 3 purifiers. But when those GKSS ran off the table, 6 terminators would have easily cleaned up in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment