Well I played against one of our "seals". Now he's actually a tourney player, but man does he make terrible lists with bad idea's. But genuinely I think he thought about this one. A quick over view before I do a proper break down.
Swarm Lord w/ 2x Hive Guard
Death Leaper
Ygmarl's x7
Venomtrope
7xGenestealers
7xGenestealers
3xTyranid Warriors
2xTygrons
1xMawloc
So basically nidzilla.
Early on I had great control. I had lost belial and co to a big charge, but in return he'd lost both trygons, the mawloc and both squads of stealers were pretty decimated (only brood lords) - however, enter the swarmlord.
I rather cockily looked to take everything on - charging 2 squads into the deathleaper and 2 brood lords, and 2 squads into the swarmlord and ymarls. Really what I should have done is made sure I got rid of that swarmlord straight off - I could have got about 12 terminators in against his squad and decked him.
In the end I won just purely because we agreed that my bikes were scoring (before the game), and I took both objectives.
He NEARLY tabled me, but I nearly tabled him - he had 1 wound left on his swarm lord and 1 warrior left (in combat with 2 bikes and 1 attack bike) - 1 more turn and I potential clock him (certainly take down the tyrant lord).
He was left with basically 320 VP's - me with 390 - so I did win on VP's - just.
KP's I took 7 - 6 (if the tyrant guard dont count, 8-6 if they do)
Interesting game.
Really the multicharge and not starting with my bikes on the table cost me the "easy" win. I should have set those bikes up and blasted his stealers off T1 - or just forced him to charge them and not my terminators etc...
Ah well - wins a win (if bikes werent scoring I'd have played a tad bit differently).
Actually scratch that - I realised my biggest mistake.
ReplyDeleteWhen I decked his 2xtrygons - I had 7 terminators there - 2 squads and I think both had missiles (at least 1 did) - they should have just walked forward towards his warriors - or at least 1 squad - bikes come in and support the rest of the melee.